This year’s Cabarrus County Fair is set for Sept. 11 through Sept. 19 at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center. Mark your calendars for all the fun.
The theme is “Share the Fair” and as always you have an opportunity to share some of your projects, produce and livestock. Check out this year’s Fair Catalog to find out if there is something you might want to enter.
The Cabarrus County Fair is always one of the top fairs in North Carolina and has been internationally-recognized.
From the rides on the Midway to the entertainment, there’s always a lot of fun and food for the whole family.
Barbecue, music and more Friday and Saturday in Kannapolis
See a huge hall filled with custom LEGO creations, build with thousands of bricks in the Free Build Room, meet Hollywood visual effects artist and BrickNerd.com podcaster and builder Tommy Williamson, learn new building techniques and get hands-on experience with Mindstorms robots, see professional customizer Jared K. Burks’ custom minifigure display, view animated LEGO films non-stop in our Theat…
Concord and Kannapolis battle in baseball Thursday at 7 p.m. at Bill Ford Field on Jonathan Thacker Foundation Night.
The annual night benefits the Foundation, which benefits children and carries on the memory of the special youngster.
Mount Pleasant High School was selected to receive the 2014-2015 NCHSAA Commissioner’s Cup! The coveted Commissioner’s Cup is awarded to eight schools statewide and only two in the 2A classification. Organizations were chosen based on a service project demonstrated in their community. The AWSUM Club (Athletes Who Share Unselfish Moments) submitted a video entry that highlighted the donations of over $3,000 to important causes for community members and the collective efforts of district high schools in raising $18,000 to support local breast cancer charities. Leaders from the club will head to Chapel Hill on May 7th to accept the trophy and a $1,000 stipend!Take a look at the winning submission below
Up-coming classes and events at the Concord Library
1. Introduction to E-Mail will take place on Monday, April 20 @ 6pm in the Meeting Room of the Concord Library. This class will cover the basics of e-mail: setting up an account, accessing messages & other basic functions. This class requires basic computer skills. Spaces limited & registration required; call 704.920.2054 to register.
2. League of Extraordinary Legos will take place on Tuesday, April 21 at 4:30pm in the Auditorium of the Concord Library. We’ll bring the Legos and you bring your imagination & building skills. This program is for ages 4-12. For more information, call the Children’s Room @ 704.920.2058.
3. As part of the “How-To” series on backyard homesteading, a program on beekeeping will take place on Tuesday, April 21 @ 6:30pm in the Auditorium of the Concord Library. Gray Fisher of the Cabarrus County Beekeepers Association will present an introduction to beekeeping: the types of bees, starting a hive, producing honey & other tips and strategies. Free and open to the public. For more information, call the Information Desk @ 704.920.2054.
4. Would you like to learn about family virtual trees? A class on Starting Your Own Virtual Family Tree will be offered on Wednesday, April 22 @ 6:30pm in the Auditorium of the Concord Library. This class will cover the how-to’s of creating, editing & sharing your family trees on the Internet, adding photos and documents, etc. Registration is required; please call 704.920.2061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Lettuce Learn About Plants Story Time for ages 5-12 will happen on Saturday, April 25 @ 3pm in the Children’s Program Room at the Concord Library. How does a tiny seed grow into a vegetable we can eat? Learn the answer to that question, hear stories about gardening & plant lettuce in your very own pot. For more information, call the Children’s Room @ 704.920.2058.
6. Would you like to learn about virtual family trees? A class on Starting Your Own Virtual Family Tree will be offered on Saturday, April 25 @ 3pm in the Auditorium of the Concord Library. This class will cover the how-to’s of creating, editing & sharing your family trees on the Internet, adding photos and documents, etc. Registration is required; please call 704.920.2061 or email email@example.com